July 26, 2009

Facebook Folklore Groups

I have often voiced how disheartened I am when searching for an online community in which to discuss folklore with like-minded individuals.

Like other members of my generation, I am a Facebook junkie. I update too frequently and check in on the updates from high school and college friends with whom I have lost touch.

So - not unlike the brilliant minds at Reese's who mixed two great things - I decided to search Facebook for folklore groups.

Wowee! There are hundreds of groups on facebook with folklore as a keyword. And most of them are legit and of interest to me. Tonight I was able to join the groups for the New York Folklore Society, Fans of Slavic Folklore and the American Folklore Society.

It is also quite easy to make a facebook group, so look forward to the seeing the facebook group devoted to some of my faves: occupational folklore and erotic russian folklore!

No comments:

Post a Comment